The Parents Association concluded our Spring 2018 grant cycle and is excited to announce that we have awarded over $12,000 this cycle and over $30,000 for the year. The PA allocated additional funds after our entire grant budget was depleted during a robust Fall cycle.
Grants awarded this spring will be used for a World Languages celebration; as seed money to start a School Shelf Pamphlet program in Guidance; guest speakers, wellness programs and heart bridge monitors for Health and Fitness; a dust collection system for the Engineering Lab; a TedX conference for English and World Languages; equipment for a new robotics class and more.
- World Languages ($1,000) – WL Celebrations: speakers, demos, other activities
- Social Studies/Psychology ($1,000) – Psych Club Rewards program
- Health and Fitness ($1,500) – Speakers, Wellness Activities, Hoops for Heart
- Guidance ($1,427) – School Shelf Pamphlet library and program
- Science ($689.69) – Dust collection system for engineering lab
- English/World Languages ($2,500) – TedX conference
- Health and Fitness ($800) – Heart rate bridges
- Science ($2,500) – Clawbot kits for extra section of Robotics
- Administration ($1,000) – Faculty subscriptions to the Marshall Memo
We are grateful for your generous donations which makes it possible for the PA to support our teachers. We also wish to thank our grants committee for their dedicated work this year: Carey Sands-Bohrer, Co-Chair • Tracey Guth, Co-Chair • Alyssa Bigay • Trish Siefer • Ann Sgarzi • Lynne Delise • Lura Taylor